Rowan Francis Simonsen
Cell: +57 311 47 90 656
Rowan Simonsen is the founder and director of Upstream. He is driven by a fascination of new media and an ongoing commitment to host conversations that matter in order to help people and organizations learn and grow.
Rowan has worked with knowledge management, strategic sustainability, leadership development and facilitation of participatory processes since 2006 within both the public- and private sector and civil society across Europe and the Americas.
Born on August 9th 1981 in Scotland
Married and father of two daughters.
- Project leader
- Business administrator and developer
- Outdoor instructor
- Online community manager
- 2013 – 2014 Blekinge Technical University – Master in Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability (SE)
- 2012 – 2013 Schumacher College (UK/COL) Certificate in Holistic Science and Economics for transition
- 2005 – 2008 Kaospilot – Creative Leadership, Creative Business Design and Social Innovation – (DK)
- 2004 – 2005 Århus Business School (BScB) Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – (DK)
- 2001 – 2002 Århus Business college (HHX) AP Business Degree – (DK)
- 2011 Backyard Biomimicry – Learning design principles from nature (COL)
- 2009 – Advanced Awareness training in Nature with John P Milton and the Way of Nature – (SE)
- 2007 Non Violent Communication – Marshall Rosenberg – (CA)
- 2006 – 2008 The Art of Hosting Meaningful Conversation – (DK, GR, UK)
- 2006 Graphic Facilitation – Bigger Picture – (DK)
- 2008 – today – Upstream Consulting – Founder and director, working with banks, NGOs, local governments
- 2014 – today – Founder and co-director AoH AP Online Learning Platform
- 2008 – today –Participatory Leadership Trainings (The Art of hosting conversations that matter). Open and bespoke.
- 2012 – today – Pataleta Course developer
- 2009 – 2014 –Talent Trafficking, Project leader and web developer.
- 2008 Keen Footwear Denmark – Development of CSR strategy and online platform. (DK)
- 1995 – 2002 Extensive retail and administrative experience from a variety of retail stores as well as NOGs and small associations.
- 2013 – 2014 – Universidad Jorge Lozano Tadeo – Subject teacher – Industrial design (COL)
- 2012 – Universidad de San Francisco y The Edge Ecuador – Soft skills for high performance (EC)
- 2011 – 2012 Universidad Los Andes – Guest Lecturer on Creative Leadership (COL)
- 2007 Aarhus School of Business – Guest Lecturer – Creating effective
- 2010 -2012 – Kaospilots – Team Leader and Curriculum design (COL)
- 2011 – Universidad EAN – Guest Lecturer – Creative Leadership (COL)
PROJECTS (a brief selection)
- 2015 – SomosMas – Facilitating Online Collaboration, Online course. (Global)
- 2015 – European Network of Micro Finance – Facilitating Annual Conference (IRE)
- 2015 – World Bank, SaluDerecho, Facilitating multi-stakeholder meeting. (COL)
- 2014 – SomosMas y Bienestar familiar – Community engagement project: ParticipAccion. (COL)
- 2014 – NUFFIC, Facilitating member engagement process. (COL)
- 2013 – Secretaria de Educacion, Bogota. (COL)
- 2013 – Ruta E – nine months Social Entrepreneurship course co-developed with Ashoka. (EC)
- 2011 – Facilitation of participatory processes for qualitative research –FUPAD y Centro Nacional de Consultoria. (COL)
- Community Manager for the Global Art of hosting network.
- Member of The Pioneers for change cultivation team
- Chairman of the Danish branch of The Fine Food Group (DK)
- Project committee member Ghana Friendship Group working with Micro credit and capacity building. (GH and DK)
- Coordinator of volunteers for Ghana Friendship Group – (DK)
- Danish: Mother tongue
- English: Fluent
- Spanish: Spoken: advanced, Writen – Intermediate
- Norwegian and Swedish: High level of understanding
- German: Basic understanding
- MS Office suite.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with HTML and WordPress.
- Experience with a wide range of online collaborative platforms.
Official documentation of work and education experience will be provided upon request.